Self Service Portal Problem

I am trying to setup the Self Service Portal. I can get it working without SSL, but when I try to implement SSL, I get the following error:
Connect failed: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: plkfdc04v.corporate.apria.com:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.j: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=Apria Healthcare Root CA, DC=corporate, DC=apria, DC=com is not trusted; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error]

1.) Retrieve the LDAP instance’s trusted root CA SSL certificate in the Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER) format. (This should be the Company Cert)
2.) Place it into the TSP’s “trusted_certs” folder (BigFix Enterprise\Management Extender\MDM Provider\private\tsp\trusted_certs), and if the trusted_certs folder does not exist, then create it before placing the cert.
3.) Open ‘services.msc’ and restart the service named ‘IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices’.
4.) Go to the TSP’s diagnostics page to verify that the problem has been resolved. If the TSP’s diagnostics page does not load, wait a few minutes and try again as it takes several minutes for the service to fully start.