Secure Parameter with Custom Relevance

Hi,

Anyone was able to figure out API push with secureparameter + customrelevance in one XML.

Whenever I am trying to push XML getting error as below however if I remove either one of them error is gone basically they are conflicting with each other.

API Request Failed: Bad Request: (no reason given)

This is pretty much similar to this case, we cant deploy secure parameter based fixlet dynamically & targeting 60K+ static is not a feasible solution.

You can’t use CustomRelevance (dynamic targeting) with Secure Parameters. Secure Parameters requires static targeting, because the parameter is encrypted with the unique keys for each targeted client, and those need to be known at the time the action is taken.
You have to either change to a non-secure parameter or change to static targeting.

1 Like

Thanks Jason for the clarification, I already got it from the other thread but its huge road block in deployment if we want to go with secure parameter + mass deployments.

I understand the difficulty, but deploying to a dynamic target would break the security of secure parameters.

Agree that it can’t be done with stock Bigfix as it is today. However if the secure deployment process has some custom extensions, secure and dynamic targeting can be used. There are some other forum posts where I’ve gone into some detail on how that can work. I think there was a request to add that functionality into the base platform, but they either haven’t gotten to it yet or had a security issue with the process.

1 Like

I found the idea. It has links to other forum posts with some additional details. Please vote for it.

https://bigfix-ideas.hcltechsw.com/ideas/BFP-I-13

2 Likes