SCA custom checklist and multiple applicability fixlets

I’m pretty new to SCA and am working on my first custom checklist. I have a subset of servers that need a separate applicability fixlet, but when I copied it i’m getting the usual “sentinel ID” issue when importing.

I can see when exporting the fixlets how the sentinel ID works on the applicability and content fixlets, but how does someone create a “new” applicability fixlet/sentinel ID? Can I have multiple?

Yep, you totally can have multiple Applicability fixlets. Some of the out of box sites have multiple. I’ve created my own sites with three and four of them.

A 9.x version upgrade (i cannot remember which exactly) means that if you want to re-use an applicability fixlet in another site then you must modify the sentinel id within the metadata of the fixlet.
So, to create your own applicability fixlet, do not ‘Copy’ it…Export it and open the bes file in notepad(++)

then change the value of the x-fixlet-scm-sentinel-id to something unique.

It should be easy to find something unique as they are usually 32 character hex numbers…so you’d be more likely to win the lottery than accidentally duplicate an existing one…

Then save the file, and import it to your site.
You can change the relevance before saving it, or you can change it from the console…that doesn’t matter. the important thing is having a unique sentinel ID (as you know) and then associating the check fixlets with the correct applicability fixlet.