Running wait Run.bat in distributing a Software Package

Hi all,

When I am going to deploy a software package by running a batch (.bat) file in Manage Software Distribution Dashboard. The software is getting installed but, the action is getting hung at wait run.bat. Its status is showing as ‘Running’ in BigFix Console.

The same software package is working fine in SCCM with installation command “cmd.exe /c install.bat”

I am using the installation commands

1. “install.bat” /qn
  2. install.bat /qn
  3. cmd.exe /c install.bat

Still the action is getting stuck at Running wait run.bat.

Can anyone provide their inputs regarding this.

Thanks in Advance.

That implies that the batch file or the installer itself is pausing, probably trying to display a dialog and prompt you for information. As the BES Client is running as a service, it cannot display such a window to you.

The best method I’ve found for testing silent installers in the context of the SYSTEM account, is to run a command prompt through psexec (www.microsoft.com/sysinternals).
psexec -s -i cmd.exe

2 Likes

Thank You for your response Jason.

I do tested the above command psexec -s -i cmd.exe.

I am trying to install a batch file so, I have used psexec -s -i cmd.exe /c install.bat. But it is returning exit code “9009”.

Can you please tell me how to use the above command to install a batch file?

Thanks in Advance.

Sorry for the delay. Feel free to mention me if you don’t get a response.

Can you provide the contents of the BAT file? The file should have a list of commands that are being attempted.

Can you also provide the full actionscript as well with any references to server FQDN’s redacted?

1 Like