Right-click Console Customization (BigFix Lab Utility) Bug

(imported topic written by rmnetops91)

Anyone else notice the right-click console customization for “Open Client Log” doesn’t work on x64 servers? Based on what I can tell it SHOULD work, but I get a “The system cannot find the path specified” error in notepad when I try it. It works fine against 2003, WinXP, 2000, etc… machines.

Here is the ShellCommandRelevance Value that it came shipped with:

“notepad.exe %22\” & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = “DNS Name” ) of current computer) & “\C$\Program Files” & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = “Full Operating System Name and Service Pack Level - Windows” and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains “x64” or value of it as lowercase contains “64-bit”) ) of current computer) then " (x86)" else “”) & “\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData__Global\Logs” & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string & “.log%22”

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Yup, it’s been on our list for awhile, but it’s a low priority. If you find a fix, please post it.

(imported comment written by rmnetops91)

Here is the fix I developed:

#1 Create a new System Property called “OS Architecture - Windows”, with the following relevance:

(if (name of operating system as lowercase starts with “win”) then if (x64 of operating system) then “x64” else “x32” else “Non-Windows OS”)

#2 Send refreshes so machines start populating this property, or just wait until they do.

#3 Change the “Open Client Log” “ShellCommandRelevance” value in the registry to the following:

“notepad.exe %22\” & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = “DNS Name” ) of current computer) & “\C$\Program Files” & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = “OS Architecture - Windows” and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains “x64”) ) of current computer) then " (x86)" else “”) & “\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData__Global\Logs” & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string & “.log%22”

I’ve attached a registry file that will update this menu option for you.

Bam! It should work now.

(imported comment written by Niraj Kumar Mishra)

Dear Sir,

I have tried all the steps provided by you in the previous post but unable to opne client log on windows 64 bit machine.

I have create custom porperty “OS Architecture - Windows” using manage property by clicking on tools and then click on manage properties by giving your relevance.

Send refresh to the target computer. it reported after that.

Now I change the respsctive regisrty value by giving the shellcoammndrelevance script but unable to access the client log of 64 bit machine.

Thanks and Regards

Niraj Kumar Mishra

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Is your agent installed on the C drive?

Ben

Hi Ben,

My agents are installed on the C Drive.

Thanks and Regrds

Niraj Kumar Mishra

Thanks Ben…Finally I have rectify the issue. Again Thanks a lot to you…

Regards

Niraj Kumar Mishra