Revoke Computer Certificate via API

Is anyone aware of a way to Revoke a Computer Certificate via the API?

I have looked at the available endpoints, I cannot seem to find something that would help us do this. Unfortunately deleting a computer leaves the cert in place.

This is in regards to the right click action against a BigFix computer. There is an action called ‘Revoke Certificate’, the /Computer endpoint allows for the machine to be deleted. However, if the cert is still valid the machine can reconnect simply by restarting the service.

Thank you,
Patrick

1 Like

Have you tried using Certutil? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/certutil#-revoke

Thanks for the response Jon,
I am not sure how this play into BigFix computer certs, isn’t certutil is for managing certs on an MS CA / local cert store? Can you point it at BES server to revoke a cert?

To be clear, I am referring to the right click action against a BigFix computer. There is an action called ‘Revoke Certificate’, which I was under the impression is a cert issued by BigFix to communicate with the machine. When click this revokes the cert in the BigFix environment and removes the machine from the BES DB.

I am looking for a way to accomplish this task via the API. the /Computer endpoint allows for the machine to be deleted. However, if the cert is still valid the machine can reconnect simply by restarting the service.

Ok, I understand the context now. I don’t have the answer to that one.

1 Like