Retrieve OSD Server config - TFTP Blocksize?

Also if the initial password is still known, you should be able to rename the admin user by importing the conf as well, replacing the value for
HTTPAdminName “NO00999C21B588 dministrator”

Which, by the way, looks like it took the backslash to be the ‘escape’ character so you could otherwise have fun figuring out what the value is for ‘\a’. Maybe it’s taken as 0x0a, or maybe something else. The credential you supply on that page does not need to be a Windows username at all, it’s not used to authenticate but to create a new credential internal to Bare Metal Server.

Jason,

With your exellent guidance I successfully reset the userID to just “administrator” and was able to log in with the original password!

Setting MaxTFTPSegSize to 1432 produced acceptable performance in my VMware lab and I will try the same in my “Physical” lab when I get into the office tomorrow (been busy elsewhere today).

Thanks,
Harald

Just for the record:
The transfer time for boot.wim went down from more than one hour to four minutes by setting the “MaxTFTPSegSize” to 1432 with the above procedure and running Action 360 with “ramdiskTftpWindowSize:8” and “ramdiskTftpBlockSize:1432”.

Regards,
Harald

2 Likes

For anyone finding this in the future, I’ve found that there’s a command-line method to update bare metal server configuration without manually editing the rembo.conf file

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\IBM Tivoli\rbagent.exe" -d -v 4 rad-updatesrvconf MaxTFTPSegSize=1432 setNrestart

Jason,

How come you just “found that there’s a command-line method”? By examining logs or by what means?

Regards,
Harald

I checked a task from the OSD site that configured some other bare-metal server settings and found it using the rad-updatesrvconf parameter. A little trial-and-error and I was able to prove out using the command this way.

(I’m going to need to automated setting up several dozen OSD servers so I was motivated)

Jason,

I used your guidance earlier to change the value for HTTPAdminName and was then able to log in as I remebered the password. Later, I actually forgot the password and was stuck again when I needed to log in to the Web interface for other reasons than TFTP tuning. In desperation i tried to use the same procedure, i.e. import a modified rembo.conf file, where I had changed the value for NetPassword to “” (two double quotes) and was then able to log in without a password :smiley: I also had to remove the password from rbagent.conf so it now contains the value “127.0.0.1:” (without the quotes).

Mind you, this is only in my lab environment, so security is not such a big issue…

Regards,
Harald

1 Like