Resume an Action after a reboot

I need help. I have a single Action that perform 2 steps.

1. it installs .net framework on the computer, which requires a reboot
    2 it installs a small piece of client software that is dependent on step 1 being installed and rebooted.

Is there anyone I can launch an action with a reboot in the middle and have it resume the Action after the reboot where it left off before the reboot?

I really need this, help!

A single action that has an event that restarts the client (such as a reboot) will be closed out on the client restarting. It is also not good to use an OS command to do that often in the middle of an action.

The usual way to get what you are trying is to perform this with a MultipleActionGroup (or BaseLine) where one action initiates the reboot and the next action picks up from the restart.

The OSD product does it this way.

In this specific case you should do as @AlanM says and make a baseline.

The first fixlet should be the one that installs the .Net Framework – this fixlet should be relevant only if the .Net Framework is not installed.

The second fixlet should install your client software and only be relevant if .NET is installed.

You can put, Action requires restart ".net install" and then in the relevance of your second fixlet put not pending restart ".net install"

1 Like