Restart fixlet expired

I have a baseline with a restart fixlet at the end. I’m seeing scenarios where the baseline does not complete within the maintenance window provided and the server never reboots (the restart action expires). Other than increasing the maintenance window time or creating a second action shortly after the the maintenance window that just handles reboots is there another approach to handle this scenario?

We usually handle that by having a second action, and two separate maintenance windows - one window to apply patch baselines, and a second window to execute the reboot action.

You might still include a reboot in your patch baseline, in case there is a patch failure or prerequisites and you’d like it to reboot and retry within the maintenance window.

Each sub action would be individually checked to see if they are still relevant before it starts. If the relevance requires a maintenance window and that expired then the sub actions in the baseline that have not started would not run. This means the only way to complete them is to extend the window.

Thanks for the replies guys. i appreciate the feedback. Very helpful.