Report new custom content

Is there a way to list all new custom content, maybe in a report or a query?

We have an increasing number of custom content authors and we are implementing a “review” team to review, evaluate and approve all new custom content. We need a way to receive notice of new content to ensure all authors are submitting their content for review.

Is there anyway to get this data?

Does this work for you?

(id of it, name of it, name of site of it, type of it, name of issuer of it, modification time of it) of bes fixlets whose (custom flag of it and now - modification time of it < 30 * day)

Should pick up all of the custom Fixlets, Tasks, Analyses, ComputerGroups, etc. that were modified within the last 30 days, along with who modified them.

Actually, the ‘custom bes fixlets’ type is a bit faster than 'bes fixlets whose (custom flag of it)` –

(id of it, name of it, name of site of it, type of it, name of issuer of it, modification time of it) of custom bes fixlets whose (now - modification time of it < 30 * day)

And where would I run this from? I am getting a “Error: The operator “custom bes fixlets” is not defined.”

Ah, this is Session Relevance.
You could use it in a custom Web Reports,.or via REST API, or in the Console’s Presentation Debugger.
Let me find a link to enabling the Console Presentation Debugger …

This should help

I can get results from Presentation Debugger and API, but I can’t figure out how to get it Web Reports, which is my preference because we want to send the report daily for everything in the last 3 days.

Ok, if you don’t have a ‘Custom’ report option in Web Reports under Explore Data, , see Search computers still relevant to specified action (baseline) - #8 by JasonWalker for how to enable Custom Reports.

If you already have the Custom option, you can build your entire HTML report from scratch. Some of my more complex reports use dataTables.JS for fancier presentation but you can actually prepare the HTML directly by embedding the special <?relevance > tag inside the HTML. Everything between <?relevance and the closing > will be interpreted by the session relevance engine and inserted into the HTML before the page is rendered. And the relevance content can be split across lines, the spacing doesn’t matter to the engine.

Here’s the entire content of ‘Edit Source’ I’m using to test this report, you should be able to just shorten the days to 3 instead of the 30 that I’m using.

<H1> Recent Content Updates </H1>
<H2> Generated <?relevance now ?> </H2>
<p>
<?relevance 
    table "border=all" of  
       concatenation of (
           thead of concatenation of trs of (
                    concatenation of ths of ("ID"; "Name"; "Site";"Type";"Owner";"Modification Time") 
                    )  
          ; concatenation of trs of (
               concatenation of tds of (
                    item 0 of it as string; item 1 of it as string; item 2 of it as string; item 3 of it as string; item 4 of it as string; item 5 of it as string
                    ) 
                    ) of (
                        id of it
                       , name of it
                       , name of site of it
                       , type of it
                       , name of issuer of it
                       , modification time of it
                        ) of custom bes fixlets whose (now - modification time of it < 30 * day) 
        ) 
?>

The rendered page would look something like

3 Likes

This is exactly what I needed! :smile:

No, I did not have the custom option in web reports, I do now.

It works perfect. We will get the emailed to us daily and ensure that new content is being submitted for review.

We decided on the review process because we had some custom content by lesser experienced authors having long evaluation times or being set to show up in our reports with erroneous information.

1 Like

Glad I could help!
Here’s a slightly modified version you might also like. Instead of the fixlet Names, this provides clickable links to the fixlets (with the target going to the Web Reports view of the fixlet), and also adds a column to review the Relevance for the fixlet right in the report.

<H1> Recent Content Updates </H1>
<H2> Generated <?relevance now ?>
<p>
<?relevance 
    table "border=all" of  
       concatenation of (
           thead of concatenation of trs of (
                    concatenation of ths of ("ID"; "Name"; "Site";"Type";"Owner";"Modification Time"; "Relevance") 
                    )  
          ; concatenation of trs of (
               concatenation of tds of (
                    item 0 of it as string as html; item 1 of it ; item 2 of it as html; item 3 of it as html; item 4 of it as html; item 5 of it as string as html; item 6 of it as html
                    ) 
                    ) of (
                        id of it
                       , link of it
                       , name of site of it
                       , type of it
                       , name of issuer of it
                       , modification time of it
                       , relevance of it
                        ) of custom bes fixlets whose (now - modification time of it < 30 * day) 
        ) 
?>

1 Like

I will have to look into that. I think it will be very helpful. Once I am done with Patch Tuesday tasks I will look into it.

I modified what you sent to exclude my new content and add a status of where it is in our review process. I create all of our baselines and a ton of content, exporting and importing. With yesterday being patch Tuesday I had 50+ new content items. So excluding mine made sense.

1 Like