Report Based on Metrics

1)In BFI we have software installations and software classification report however license metric is available under software classification report only. can we consider the software classification report as deployment counts for compliance?
2)If not which report we need to consider?
3)Also what is the difference between software installations and software classifications report?

What version are you running?

Starting from 9.2.15, the Software Installations report is based on the Software Classifications panel, taking into account computers with multiple instances of the same software installed and shared disks. The pre-9.2.15 report is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

Thanks for your reply
current version is 9.2.14
coming back to my question can we consider the software classification report for deployment in compliance in 9.2.14V? as this report has license metric column.
Also Also what is the difference between software installations and software classifications report?

I cannot speak to whether your software installations are in compliance or not.

The Software Classification report is based on the Software Classifications panel, which allows you to assign discovered software components to software products, or to exclude, or suppress them. So, the Software Classification report is the best representation of how software products are actually deployed in your environment.

The primary difference in the Software Installations report is that it counts multiple installed instances of a software component as a single installation. As a trivial example, 5 installations of Notepad++ on one machine will count as 1 installation of Notepad++. The Software Classifications report

Thanks! I will go through your reply!
Also can you please advise on the below
In our estate we have Asset type as following, is BFI smart enough to scan the below assets? If it is unable to scan, what is the reason?
Appliance
Frame
Network
Mainframe
Storage

Also does BFI scans Citrix Servers?

BFI scans run on AIX, IBM i, MacOS, Solaris, Windows, HPUX, and Linux.

Detailed information about supported OS can be found here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21976664#IBM%20BigFix%20Inventory%209.5%20application%20update%209.2.11

Appliances which run a supported OS may be able to be scanned, if the BigFix client can be installed. Frames which run a supported Hypervisor are supported. However, network devices, mainframes, and storage are not supported by BFI.

Citrix XenServer 6.5 and 7 are supported hypervisors.