Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Lee

I am having the same issue as a previous post - How do we download the FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt file?

I click on the link in your 1st post next to the zip file but it just goes out to your site & sits there loading.

Where should we click to download the file?

Thanks

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Deano,

How to download the report file will depend on the browser.

On Windows and on FireFox, you right-click then ā€œSave Link Asā€¦ā€

On Internet Explorer, right-click then ā€œSave Target Asā€¦ā€. Note that IE changes the extension to .htm, which is OK.

I see you private message and I will send the file to you as well.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by balaji.ranganathan91)

Hi Lee Wei ,

I tried downloading the two files ext_js_lib.zip and FixletComplianceByComputerGroup.besrpt, but i couldnt.We also have a similar requirement for generating report which has list of cpmputers with patches linstalled on them and the remediated date as welā€¦ so it would be really helpful if you can provide me the actual files.

Balaji,

Please let us know the symptom or error that you are seeing.

I will send the files to your email address in any case.

Lee Wei

Hi everyone,

My colleague Mark Cade helped me tracked down a bug today.

The symptom is that for Custom Sites, the report comes up empty.

This is not good, so I fixed it right away.

If you go back to the first post, you can find the fixlet_compliance.js javascript file that needs to be replaced.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17524#p17524

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Tiffy91)

Hi Lee Wei,

I have sent an email to you about to request the same custom report but it filter by Analysis list rather than Fixlets.

Itā€™s alot related to the properties compliance rate that happen in my environment now.

Appreciate can get respond from you on this enhancement.

thank you.

Tiffy,

I will take a look at your enhancement and reply to the private message.

I have heard this request a few times, so I have added the ability to multi-select both the Content and Computer Group filter lists.

Technically, the results are being UNIONed together.

Go back to the first post to download and replace the entire package.

Since I am using new directory structure, it will not replace the current installation.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17524#p17524

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Lee,

Let me say again how incredibly useful these reports are to us. Youā€™ve done an amazing job. Now that Iā€™ve buttered you upā€¦

Is there any way to either:

A: Store the results of a report OR Add a ā€œDateā€ field to the report so we can pick a point in time to run the report against (right now it is just real time from when you run the report).

B: Get a ā€œReported Inā€ filter to weed out the old machines that have not yet been pruned from the database,

John

jspanitz

A: Store the results of a report OR Add a ā€œDateā€ field to the report so we can pick a point in time to run the report against (right now it is just real time from when you run the report).

Normally we would use the Schedule feature in Web Reports to run a report. However, since this one uses JavaScript, Schedule does not work. So the only way would be to run, then export via Excel and store the data.

jspanitz

B: Get a ā€œReported Inā€ filter to weed out the old machines that have not yet been pruned from the database,

This will be possible if I make the multi-select list either ANDs or ORs. Right now, the selections are OR.

If we can AND the selections, you can first choose the computer groups, then add a session relevance to filter those who have reported in within a given timeframe.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by tscott91)

Can someone give me the custom relevance to return computers that have reported back a status within the past X days / hours?

Why I want this is because I want to find all the computers that I can patch at the time I run the reportā€¦ A lot of computers that are at the top of my list are ones that havenā€™t been powered on in a long time and donā€™t have WOL so I canā€™t remediate them.

Thanks!

LOL, Sorry Iā€™m an idiot! If I would have just thread the last two posts I wouldnā€™t have needed to even type that all outā€¦ Just put an ā€œI agree!ā€ā€¦

:smiley:

tscott,

This is the relevance example to pull computers who have checked in (last report time) within a certain timeframe.

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 7*day)

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour)

Lee Wei

You friggin ROCK Lee! Thanks! I use this report more than any other!

Tom

Lee, one more questionā€¦ How do I add to not display ā€œLockedā€ computers?

Soā€¦ bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour) AND Locked = No but that donā€™t workā€¦

Also, what guide do I need to read over to see how to do all this? I looked at the bigfix relevance language (http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/documents/BES_Relevance_Language_Reference_60_2006-11-03.pdf) but that didnā€™t show me the variables that could be used.

Thanks again!

tscott,

The relevance is:

bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 24*hour and locked flag of it = 

false)

There are 2 parts to learning the relevance language. You have the correct one to learn the language construct.

You should then use the Session Inspector help file to browse the available properties for the objects.

http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/documents/Session_Inspector_Help.chm

This is found in the Fixlet help page: http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/

Lee Wei

This doesnā€™t return unlocked computersā€¦ When I run it with just the locked code:

bes computer whose (locked flag of it = false)

I get: Error: Singular expression refers to non-unique object.

Since there are probably more than one computer, we need the plural form for BES Computer.

bes computer

color=red

s[/color] whose (locked flag of it = false)

I try the following and itā€™s loading all computersā€¦

bes computers whose (locked flag of it = false)

I try: bes computers whose (locked flag of it = true) and it brings up zero computers.

tscott,

Looks like we should investigate this outside of this specific report.

The results above are not necessary wrong.

You can use the Relevance Tester within Web Reports by using the following link:

http://webreports_server:port_number/webreports?page=QNA

You can then try:

number of bes computers whose (locked flag of it = false)

number of bes computers whose (locked flag of it = true)

Also, it will be helpful to verify the computers from the BigFix Console.

Are you seeing the correct number of locked computers?

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by herrm91)

This is a great report.

Is there a way to retrieve all of the data from the Outstanding Fixlets Grid, not just the 1000 item max that is currently set? Iā€™d like to try to export all the data to avoid having to generate numerous reports and then combine them.

Thanks