Report All Different Instances per Registry

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some light on what I’m trying to do.

if (exists keys whose (value “SmartClientIDs” of it as string as lowercase starts with “te0000999999”) of key > “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ellie Mae\SmartClient” of x64 registry) then (“Test-Sunset”) else (if (exists keys whose (value “SmartClientIDs” of it as string as lowercase starts with “te000000000”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ellie Mae\SmartClient” of x64 registry) then (“Test-NEW”) else (if (exists keys whose (value “SmartClientIDs” of it as string as lowercase starts with “b654321”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ellie Mae\SmartClient” of x64 registry) then (“CD and Wholesale”) else (if (exists keys whose (value “SmartClientIDs” of it as string as lowercase starts with “b123456”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ellie Mae\SmartClient” of x64 registry) then (“Assumptions”) else (“No Encompass Found”))))

However, when I’m looking at it in the properties column I only get one instance. In some cases it there are 2 instances. So I’m planning to steal some of this code. Also, I have some machines that shows as

unique values of ((if (exists value “DisplayVersion” of it AND exists value “DisplayName” of it) then (value “DisplayName” of it as string & " | " & value “DisplayVersion” of it as string) else (if (exists value “DisplayName” of it AND not exists value “DisplayVersion” of it) then (value “DisplayName” of it as string & " | <N/A>") else nothings)) of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase starts with “adobe air”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of it) of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry)

So, based on the if…then…else statement, you’re only going to get the first matching result. Instead you need to get plural results. You can do this with by building a “set” of results on the fly by delimiting the clauses with semicolons. There’s also no need to force ‘x64 registry’ when you’re only looking beneath Wow6432Node. Try this -

1. Get all of the SmartClientIDs

values "SmartClientIDs" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ellie Mae\SmartClient" of registry as string

1. Transform the results based on your criteria. An If…Then…Else must return a result, but “nothing” is a valid (empty) plural result. If none of them match you’ll get an empty result rather than “No Encompass Found”

((if it starts with "te0000999999" then "Test-Sunset" else nothing); (if it starts with "te000000000" then "Test-NEW" else nothing); (if it starts with "b654321" then "CD and Wholesale" else nothing); (if it starts with "b123456" then "Assumptions" else nothing))of values "SmartClientIDs" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ellie Mae\SmartClient" of registry as string as lowercase

1 Like

Thank you Jason, For some reason Im getting errors. But I can for sure is this to shortcut code. using it its taking a while to get adjust to use it,
I also not able to find the values unless looking under [quote=“JasonWalker, post:2, topic:23347”]
Wow6432Node
[/quote]

not sure if I’m doing something wrong that BigFix does automatically.