Remove a Scheduled Wake - issue with relevance

(imported topic written by brian.armstrong91)

I been testing out Wake From Standby in our shop and have run into a little snag. Scheduling a computer to wake from standby puts a scheduled task on the computer. This task doesn’t remove itself once it has expired so you must use the Wake-from-Standby Scheduling Wizard to remove these entries after the fact. The problem is that when I use the wizard to remove the tasks, it generates relevance that isn’t right.

Here are the registry entries for a wake from standby task that I called “ESD Lab Test” which I created using the wizard.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\ScheduledWakeups\ESD Lab Test

“StartTime”=“08 Sep 2009 18:00:00 -0800”

“IsRepeating”=dword:00000000

“HasCustomName”=dword:00000001

Here is the relevance generated by the wizard to remove this task from the computers.

(name of it= “Win2000” OR name of it = “Win2003” OR name of it = “WinXP” OR name of it = “WinVista” ) of operating system AND exists keys whose(name of it = “ESD Lab Test” AND exists values whose(name of it = “StartTime” AND it as string contains "08 Sep 2009 18:00:00 ") of it AND exists values whose(name of it = “RepeatType” AND it = “Once”) of it AND exists values whose(name of it = “Interval” AND it = “0”) of it ) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\ScheduledWakeups” of registry

Notice that the relevance looks for values “RepeatType” and “Interval” which do not exist so the generated BigFix task is never relevant on these computers. Both the console and client are at version 7.2.4.60. I have done a couple different tests with the same results. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the wizard?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Brian,

I believe this is a bug that will only occur if you schedule a one-time wake-up… You have all the details correct.

We will fix the wizard soon, but in the meantime, you can adjust this by fixing the relevance to remove the check for the non-existent keys:

(name of it= “Win2000” OR name of it = “Win2003” OR name of it = “WinXP” OR name of it = “WinVista” ) of operating system AND exists keys whose(name of it = “ESD Lab Test” AND exists values whose(name of it = “StartTime” AND it as string contains "08 Sep 2009 18:00:00 ") of it) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\ScheduledWakeups” of registry

Ben