relevance on managed property

Newbie to relevance writing here, have this simple default relevance clause for a fixlet

not exists 1 whose (exists (concatenation ", " of (it as string) of (it >= (it as integer) of (“14”)) of minimum password length of security database) whose (number of substrings separated by ", " whose (it is not “”) of it > 0 and number of substrings separated by ", " whose (it is not “”) whose (it as boolean is False) of it = 0))

i want to add a condition of

and does not contain <“mystringvalue”>

just cant seem to crack this one.

What are you trying to solve?

The relevance you have is something generated as part of our Compliance Checklists. It’s much more convoluted than it needs to be, because it’s accounting for all sorts of error-ha doing on the source checklist data.

But you don’t have a source checklist here.

When you take out all the error handling, what this check is really doing is

Exists minimum password length whose (it >= 14 ) of security database

This is checking the minimum password length, not the actual values of passwords.

sorry copy paste seems to have missed some of my text

i have a managed property in my environment <“my managed property”>

i want to add a condition of

and where <“my managed property”> does not contain <“mystringvalue”>

to the relevance listed above (not concerned with the structure of the current fixlet, just want to add so that this fixlet is no longer relevant for computers where <“my managed property”> does not contain <“mystringvalue”>

Ok, then, it’s difficult to deal in hypotheticals, but try

And (managed property relevance) does not contain ("mystringvalue")

Sorry what does

managed property relevance

Mean?

You said you had some managed property. This would be the relevance that generates that property.

I still don’t really understand what you’re trying to ask.

I created a managed property. Can I not just test the value of the managed property?

Did you create a Property (via Tools -> Manage Properties, or an Analysis Property), or did you create a Client Setting (via an ActionScript with setting "X" = "value" on "{now}" for client, or by right-clicking a Computer and choosing Edit Settings)?

Those are two different things and just want to check

1 Like

Some discussions that may help

Tools -manage properties

Ok.
Two ways to do this. First is “traditional” relevance, which most of us use.

Click the “+” on the right to add another relevance clause. You’d put in all of the relevance that you used in Tools->Manage Properties, and add the filter in. It would be something like

exists ( <all the original relevance> ) whose (it = "whatever value you want)

The other way is to change the criteria on the fixlet to use properties instead of just relevance clauses, with "computers which match (any or all) of the conditions below:

There you could use either ‘relevance’ or ‘group membership’ or any of your (global) Retrieved Property values. With the limitation that it’s either “OR” or “AND” between the clauses, you can’t mix-and-match between “all” and “any” of the conditions.

Under the hood, that’s doing the same thing, it’s just that the console automatically copies & pastes the Property’s original relevance for you, and sets up the comparisons for “contains” or “does not contain” or “starts with” or whatever you select for that property value.

Ok so no option actually just checks the value of the property, the relevance that created the property must be evaluated? I’ll take it but seems odd that I can’t just add a test for the managed prop value

Yes that’s the case.