Relevance for SSA

Hello

Could someone confirm the relevance to permanently show an application in the SSA on MacOS?

This would be irrespective of if the application is uninstalled or not.

thanks

true
Along with an Offer Action for the task to Mac clients.

Sorry if this seems simple but I’m clearly missing something.

I tried true but it does not work.

So what I did was use this:

((((mac of it) of operating system)) AND (system version >= “10.13”)) AND (not exists folder “/Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app”)

So that when one uninstalls the application it becomes relevant and the task runs.

BUT when you then uninstall the application again it doesn’t “reshow” in the SSA. I’d add that I get a “completed” after the first successful run so therefore the task doesn’t run again??

Hi there

Anyone advise on this?

thanks

Perhaps you can subit the action with “Reapply when it becomes relevant again” option?

Yes I have done just that but it never reshows in the SSA. The task shows as “completed” therefore it does not become relevant again is my guess? Help anyone?

Heres the relevance I have used:
((((mac of it) of operating system)) AND (system version >= “10.13”)) AND (not exists folder “/Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app”)

Does that folder actually get removed when you uninstall the app?

Yes it does. I just tried it again and after the install was complete from the SSA, I manually uninstalled and it was there again in the SSA. I gave it 30 mins, installed it, 30 mins, uninstalled but it now never reappears in the SSA (task also showing completed) ?

I may be a bit confused…you manually uninstalled “and it was there again in the SSA”. Do you mean it appeared again as an option to install in the SSA on the client?

Yes I uninstalled to test it - it reappeared again in the SSA. I then went ahead and installed that offer and then as a second test I manually uninstalled it. It never reappeared in the SSA and the task showed completed.

Aside from this how would I show the application always in SSA irrespective of it it is installed or not? Is that typically good practice?