Relevance - computer group membership

I’m trying to add a column to this query that will return the list of all computer groups each system is a member of. I’m struggling…

(td of (item 0 of it) & td of (item 1 of it) & td of (item 2 of it) & td of (item 3 of it) & td of (item 4 of it) & td of (item 5 of it)) of (
    name of it | "n/a",
    concatenation "; " of (names of bes computer groups of computer of it as string) | "n/a",
    concatenation "; " of (ip addresses of it as string) | "n/a",
    operating system of it | "n/a",
    relay server of it as string | "n/a",
    last report time of it as string | "n/a"
) of (
    elements of intersection of ((sets of items 0 of (computers of it , values whose (it as lowercase contains "site1") of it) of results of bes property "Subscribed Sites")))

‘it’ seems to already refer to the ‘bes computer’, so you should just need bes computer groups of it instead of bes computer groups of computer of it

1 Like

that works… i was actually pretty close this time. I’m gonna call this a win. Thanks for your help Jason.

1 Like

Hi @LouC,

I am also looking for the computer group memberships property relevance, can you please share your success relevance condition here.

when you add relevance as a property in BigFix, it is evaluated on the client side. But this thread is related to session relevance, which is to fetch results from BigFix server.

You can take a look into below post for RP relevance:

Here you go:

<?relevance
(td of (item 0 of it) & td of (item 1 of it) & td of (item 2 of it) & td of (item 3 of it) & td of (item 4 of it) & td of (item 5 of it)) of (
    name of it | "n/a",
    concatenation "; " of (names of bes computer groups of it as string) | "n/a",
    concatenation "; " of (ip addresses of it as string) | "n/a",
    operating system of it | "n/a",
    relay server of it as string | "n/a",
    last report time of it as string | "n/a"
) of (
    elements of intersection of ((sets of items 0 of (computers of it , values whose (it as lowercase contains "site1") of it) of results of bes property "Subscribed Sites")))

?>

Thanks for the response

Running BigFix 10.0.11.108 I’m not able to use this approach as I do not have entries for automatic groups when checking qna (in client mode):

__Group_0_test4qna manual=True
__Group_1_Windows_Server=True

There should be an entry __Group_0_test4qna as I’ve created this automatic group and the client is subscribed.

Same issue in case of using the advice from KB: How to see assigned Computer Group in BES console computers view (hcltechsw.com)

Within the property, only the manual group is listed.

Server based groups, listed as __Group_1 work pretty fine.

That thread actually had a couple of separate pieces of relevance in the query. The check for `__Group_X_xxxx’ settings only applies to Manual (and possibly Server-Based) groups.

For Automatic Groups you have to check the headers of relevant fixlets -

(unique values of it) of ((values of headers "subject" of relevant fixlets whose (value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it = "ComputerGroup") of sites)