Release Announcement – HCL BigFix 9.5 Product Documentation

The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the initial release of the BigFix product documentation (version 9.5) from HCL Software.

What’s changed?

The primary focus of this release was to rebrand the documentation sets with the initial focus on:

• Content rehosting
  • Replacing the IBM logo
  • Updating the copyright statement

Note that a few references in the documentation, including “Notices”, still refer to IBM resources or consist of IBM-specific information; these will be replaced with their HCL equivalents in an upcoming release.

Documentation URLs

System requirements

Review the detailed system requirements for Platform (in PDF format).

The system requirements for the other components of the product will be published in the coming weeks.

Known limitation

• Internet Explorer is not supported.

The BigFix team is committed to continually finding ways to enhance your experience of using the product documentation. Watch this space for further updates!

Meanwhile, if you have any questions about this release, or feedback on the documentation in general, please leave a message in reply to this forum post and we’ll have it addressed as soon as possible. Thank you!

24 Likes

Good to have the links to the new documentation. Google still has a lot to learn re: where to send you to.

I do miss one thing very much - the PDF documents. While on-line documentation is “nice” for a search - when you only need “a bit” - I am really enjoying my printed PDF’s for going through a step-by-step learning/mentoring process of myself and others (e.g., customers new to BigFix).

Please prepare printable material!

2 Likes

We completely understand your concern about missing PDFs. The work is in progress and we will soon publish them. Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

:sunny: (must be 20 characters!)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.