RelayNotifier Error

(imported topic written by MattPeterson)

I’ve seen errors in the BESRelay.log file lately, I’ll see the error outlined below on my main bes server and/or my top level relays. I’m was getting them today for about 30 minutes, but only on my main bes server. Last week, I saw this on my main bes server and top level relays. Clients are taking a while to download and report when this is happening.

Wed, 03 Sep 2014 14:38:23 -0500 - RelayNotifier4 (1434433280) - Error running task RelayNotifier4: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached: Operation timed out after 10010 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

I’m thinking we have a network/firewall problem somewhere, but I’m not able to find the problem. I verified I can telnet to/from my relays over port 52311. Is there anything else I should try? Has anyone else seen these messages?

My main server is Linux, the top level relays are AIX and the 3rd tier relays are AIX or Linux. I am planning on opening a PMR, but thought I would look for help here first.

I’m having a similar issue. Is there a way to know which Relay the Relay is having an issue sending to? RelayNotifier4 (1434433280) doesn’t seem to be a computer ID.