Registry Key and Value not getting added

Hello All,

I am executing below action script to add key and value in the registry, Action script is getting executed successfully but it is not doing any addition/modification.

delete setup.reg
Createfile until end-reg-edit-commands
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ALLOW_USER32_EXCEPTION_HANDLER_HARDENING]
“iexplore.exe”=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ENABLE_PRINT_INFO_DISCLOSURE_FIX]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ALLOW_USER32_EXCEPTION_HANDLER_HARDENING]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ENABLE_PRINT_INFO_DISCLOSURE_FIX]
end-reg-edit-commands
move __createfile setup.reg
wait regedit /s “setup.reg”

Kindly let me know if I’m missing out any syntax.

Note:- When I run setup.reg file manually reg key and value are getting created.

Remember you are running under a 32 bit application. Did this create the keys in places you didn’t expect it?

Through Bigfix none of the key got added.
But when I ran the setup.reg manually from download location all the key were placed in desired
Location.
So,I wanted to understand what I’m missing from Bigfix point of view.
Can you please clarify more on your view and suggestion.

We really need to pin a topic on this.

1 Like

Thanks, Jason below script is working properly. I have added below highlighted line.

delete setup.reg
Createfile until end-reg-edit-commands
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ALLOW_USER32_EXCEPTION_HANDLER_HARDENING]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ENABLE_PRINT_INFO_DISCLOSURE_FIX]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ALLOW_USER32_EXCEPTION_HANDLER_HARDENING]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ENABLE_PRINT_INFO_DISCLOSURE_FIX]
end-reg-edit-commands
move __createfile setup.reg
action uses wow64 redirection {not x64 of operating system}
waithidden regedit /s “setup.reg”