Query on BigFix License

Hi,

Earlier we have installed our BigFix environment using a BESLicenseAuthorization file and its working fine. But now the customer wants to opt a new BESLicenseAuthorization file and wants to continue with it.

So now my question is, Is it possible to retain the existing environment without losing any data by applying the new BESLicenseAuthorization file onto it.

Can we get another Authorization file with the same serial number as the existing installation and apply onto the existing environment?

Thanks

@JasonWalker, any suggestion?

I think you’llneed to open a PMR.

Our sales team is in touch with IBM. Let’s see their opinion on it.

Is the issue here that they want to “rename” the BES Server?

What is the use case?

I’m not sure what exactly it is but what they said they have some issue with their existing license, so they will purchase new license with a new Authorization file. They are asking if we can apply that new authorization file on the existing installation not to lose the existing data.

Is there any approach to save our existing environment or we need a complete re-installation with the new Authorization file?

It really depends. We need more information here in order to provide any sort of guidance. What is the issue with their existing license? What are they trying to achieve with a new authorization file?