Propogation error

(imported topic written by rameshku)

Hi,

How can I delete or re-sign invalidly signed fixlets/ task .

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi rameshku,

Normally you can delete them by right-click deleting them… if you want to keep them, you might export them and then reimport them after you delete them.

Do you know why there are invalidly signed Fixlets? It might be an indication of a bigger issue.

Ben

(imported comment written by rameshku)

Hi Ben,

Thank u for the reply …

Well as of now we are not able to take any action ( either applying a task or a fixlet) we get the same propogation error. I even tried creating a new account and applying an action, I still get the same error.

Is it possible for u to let me know the reason for such an occurence. How exactly should I go about in resolving this issue.

regards

Ramesh

(imported comment written by rameshku)

Hi Ben,

I am not able to delete the fixelets as the server is not allowing me to take any actions. Can you please brief on what could be this “Bigger issue”?.

regards

Ramesh.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi rameshku,

BigFix checks the digital signature on each action as a security precaution to make sure people haven’t hacked the database. Any issue that changes the database or interferes with the signature check would cause an issue like this.

In older versions of BigFix, there were some issues that could cause problems with signatures. If you are using a version less than 6.0.21, you should consider updating your console and server to 6.0.21 or 7.0.7 or later.

Ben