Problem with Overview Issues Remediated Report

(imported topic written by Shogo23)

Hi,

Since upgrading to BES 6, my Overview Issues Remediated Report no longer includes issues fixed via Multiple Action Groups or Baselines. It only reports issues fixed via individual fixlet actions. Is this a known product issue, or is there something wrong with my BES implementation? I’ve refreshed and completely rebuilt the bes web reports cache to no avail.

If this is a known issue, can someone help me with a custom report that would do this? Specifically, I need to know the total number of issues remediated in a certain date range. I am asked periodically by management to provide these numbers as continuing justification for the BigFix product (they like big, impressive numbers).

Thanks,

Don

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Shogo,

This is a known issue scheduled to be fixed in the next version of BES.

In the meantime, to help out I have created a “What have you done for me lately?” custom report. It looks at some statistics in the past 30 days.

It is currently poorly formatted and could use some work, but lets try it as a starting point.

Make a custom report:

What have you done for me lately?
(Generated on <?relevance now?>)

Overall Stats:

• Total number of computers: <?Relevance number of bes computers?>
  • Total number of Fixlets: <?Relevance number of bes fixlets?>
  • Total number of actions: <?Relevance number of bes actions whose (hidden flag of it = false)?>

Latest Stats (last 30 days):

• Recent Actions: <?relevance number of bes actions whose (hidden flag of it = false AND time issued of it > now - 30*day)?>
  • Recently relevant Fixlets: <?Relevance number of results whose (first became relevant of it > now - 30*day) of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true)?>
  • Recently Fixed Fixlets: <?Relevance number of results whose (last became nonrelevant of it > now - 30*day AND last became relevant of it < last became nonrelevant of it) of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true)?>

It will look something like this:

What have you done for me lately?

(Generated on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:34:00 -0800)

Overall Stats:

Total number of computers: 21

Total number of Fixlets: 4308

Total number of actions: 934

Latest Stats (last 30 days):

Recent Actions: 66

Recently relevant Fixlets: 215

Recently Fixed Fixlets: 303

Is this helpful? You can modify it as you please (or filter it using the web reports filters).

Ben

(imported comment written by Shogo23)

Thanks for the reply. This will work until the next version comes out.

Don