Problem in introducing a computer to BigFix

(imported topic written by VS6591)

Hi,

Even after installing the BES client on the computer, I am not able to see the computer name in the computers tab of the BigFix console. Should I do any setting changes? please help me.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi VS,

You might try running the BES Client Diagnostics tool or looking at the client log:

http://support.bigfix.com/bes/misc/diagnostics.html

Ben

(imported comment written by VS6591)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the help.

It was actually some permission issues. got it resolved.

(imported comment written by VS6591)

Hi Ben,

I have another query.

current scenario - I am uploading an exe file to the BigFix server through “Windows Software Distribution Wizard”, which in turn creates a task with action script to download it. After that I am updating the script for other funcionalities like copying the exe to the required location on the server, executing it and executing other tools. Everytime I install a new version of the application I have to do all the above steps right from opening the Wizard.

Required - I need to upload the exe to the BigFix server through Action scripts instead of “Windows Software Distribution Wizard”, so that for every installation I only need to update the action script for the file name and the path. Is there any command to be used in action script to upload the exe to the BigFix server?

If you have any other ideas to automate this uploading part, would be much appreciated.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Rather than using the upload function of the software distribution wizard, you can put the file on any webserver. Then if you need to change the file, just update the url, sha1, size, etc. in your action.

Ben