Pre-Cache task not finishing

Hi

I am running a pre-cache download task for my bes relay servers, and altough the task in bigfix has the “Waiting” status, I can see in the download folder (/var/opt/BESRelay/wwwrootbes/bfmirror/downloads/sha1/) that the downloads are okay.

The pre-cache action runs at night, I saw once that the action showed the message “Disk limited”, but that isn’t true, the servers have almost 40% of free space.

What am I missing?

PS: I checked /var/log/BESRelay.log but there’s nothing about the downloads or the task

Thanks!

Look at the settings in https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Config/r_client_set.html#r_client_set__dwld

Specifically _BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB, but others may be of use to you

1 Like

Hi! That setting seems to be for Client, but this is a Relay

Relays only cache payloads when the download has been requested by a client.

So typical pre-cache actions to be run on relays just do the download as a client (but then do nothing with the payload) as the mechanism for initiating the cache, and the failures will be reflected in the client log (not the relay log).

Therefore, the client settings are the limiting factor. If you have a different mechanism for initiating the cache, please post your actionscript

2 Likes