Pre-Announcement: Superseded patch changes for Patches for Windows

We’re looking into the BESAdmin email announcements. The Forum announcements have not replaced them, no, but can be a good supplement.

2 Likes

FYI - I had a few BESAdmin-announcements hit my inbox (4 in the last hour or so).

2 Likes

Same, which is great.

1 Like

I only learned of the existence of this a few years ago and it seems like a very good optimization for lots of different content, including superseded patches. Even setting this to every 6 hours would help eval loops a lot while not causing much issue.

The biggest issue is if someone deploys a superseded patch with this set, it will not appear non-relevant until that loop has elapsed in many cases, which is not entirely expected, though I think there is some hinting in the agent such that it knows to update the applicability of a fixlet based upon a taken action in some cases.

I’m not aware of things outside of analyses / properties that use these, so I’m trying to play with this more and get a better feel for how it works so that it can be used more:

I just discovered this in a fxf file, now that I’m digging into it: X-Relevance-Child-Evaluation-Period

This pulls the existing values, mostly from analyses, but it seems the possible values are inconsistent, which is interesting:

(multiplicity of it, it) of unique values of following texts of firsts "-Evaluation-Period:" of lines containing "X-Relevance-" whose(it contains "-Evaluation-Period:") of files whose(name of it ends with ".fxf") of folders of data folders of client
2 Likes