Powershell execution error

i have a powershell which i tried to exeucte from bigfix action script when i exueute it from the local server to check the cluster resources i can see the output generated but when i execute it from bigfix action script it does not

Remove-Item –path "C:\temp\output.txt"

$modulePath = "C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\FailoverClusters\FailoverClusters.psd1"
Import-Module -Name $modulePath -Force

try{
  $output = Get-ClusterResource | Where-Object {$_.ResourceType -like "Physical Disk"} | Get-ClusterParameter

if ($output) {
        $output | Out-File -FilePath "C:\temp\output.txt" -Append
        Write-Output "Command executed successfully." | Out-File -Filepath "C:\temp\output.txt" -Append
    } else {
        Write-Output "No output or blank output." | Out-File -FilePath "C:\temp\output.txt" -Append
    }

}
    catch {
    $errorMessage = "An error occurred: $($_.Exception.Message)"
    Write-Host $errorMessage
    Write-Output "This is catch part " | Out-File -FilePath "C:\temp\output.txt" -Append
    $errorMessage | Out-File -FilePath "C:\temp\output.txt" -Append
}

from local system output.txt

bject         Name                            Value                                  Type     
------         ----                            -----                                  ----     
Cluster Disk 1 DiskIdType                      1                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskSignature                   0x0                                    UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskIdGuid                      {4fc1c83d-265c-4f57-a8ef-35300450f20a} String   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskRunChkDsk                   0                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskUniqueIds                   {16, 0, 0, 0...}                       ByteArray
Cluster Disk 1 DiskVolumeInfo                  {1, 0, 0, 0...}                        ByteArray
Cluster Disk 1 DiskArbInterval                 3                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskPath                                                               String   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskReload                      0                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 MaintenanceMode                 0                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 CsvEnforceWriteThrough          0                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 EnableBlockCache                1                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 SnapshotDiffSize                0                                      UInt32   
Cluster Disk 1 DiskRecoveryAction              0                               

=================================================================
from bigfix console action script

// Enter your action script here

waithidden { pathname of file ((it as string) of value "Path" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell" of native registry) } -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "c:\temp\powershell.ps1"

c:\temp\output.txt 

This is catch part 
An error occurred: The term 'Get-ClusterResource' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Have a look at this topic: Tip: Troubleshooting ActionScript Command Lines (Windows). Specifically concentrate on whether you are running Powershell as 32bit and/or 64bit (it makes a massive difference for powershell scripts specifically and more so since the path to the module you are pointing to is x86/x64-redirected) and also, I would test whether the script itself works at all when ran by SYSTEM (instead of local user/session.

4 Likes

it worked as per the suggestion provided in the link

1 Like