Post Install Command error

Trying to run a follow-up install command after the initial job finishes. I’m getting the error:
“Unable to parse action script line 76:
Unknown action command.
You will need to fix this error before issuing the action.”

Here is part of my action script. Line 76 is in bold. Any ideas?

// Use .bat to set working directory to packages root, for setup command.
createfile until end
@ECHO OFF
cd "{parameter “baseFolder”}"
rem // See comments at the beginning of this action for an explanation of the comment markers.
echo %DATE% %TIME% >> "{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}"
echo Action ID: {id of active action} >> "{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}"
rem //**Begin Command Marker
echo Command: msiexec.exe /i “AcroPro.msi” IGNOREVCRT64=1 /qn TRANSFORMS=“AcroPro.mst” >> "{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}"
set errorlevel=
msiexec.exe /i “AcroPro.msi” IGNOREVCRT64=1 /qn TRANSFORMS=“AcroPro.mst” >> “{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}” 2>&1
set SWDExitCode=%errorlevel%
rem //**End Command Marker

echo Return code: %SWDExitCode% >> "{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}"
echo. >> "{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}"
exit %SWDExitCode%
end

move __createfile run.bat
// You will not be able to stop or take action on an applicable BigFix Client until your installer completes.
// So ensure no user input is required.
// If your package absolutely must interact with the user, replace ‘override wait’ with ‘override run’ and ‘wait’ with ‘run’.
override wait
hidden=true
completion=job
wait run.bat

//**Begin Closing Marker
// Get the return code of the previous action.
parameter “returnCode” = “{exit code of action}”

//**Begin Post-install Marker
msiexec.exe /p “AcrobatDCUpd1902120058.msp” /qn
**//End Post-install Marker

// Task will now exit.
exit {parameter “returnCode”}
//**End Closing Marker

Bolding it messed up the formatting, but it looks like the others.
//**End Post-install Marker

What’s that msiexec near the end? Thats not an actionscript command. Need to use the ‘wait’ command or put that into the batch.

That was the issue. Where in the batch would I put it? Just below the first msiexec?

That is what I expect, but you’ll need to test.

My recollection is that msiexec should let you include patches during the initial installation as well, using PATCHES= on the msiexec /i command line.

It can, but doesn’t work if you have a TRANSFORMS= in there also

1 Like

I ditched this and instead made them two separate tasks and made it a baseline. Much smoother.
Thanks for the help.