Policy action taking longr then expected to complete and update status in console

Hi All, I have scheduled a policy action to run every Monday on suse servers (4000+) with below mentioned options:-1:

It takes too long to complete and update its complete status on the console. Like it should have completed its status on Monday only but it took 2 days and today I can see the status to be reflecting with correct action run date on console. Due to this I am unable to schedule the webreport to send the data of suse servers to stakeholders. Would there be any remediation that I can perform to have policy action to complete with designated time and upload its status within it?

I see that you have it set to wait 7 days after the last application of the policy. Were you expecting this to apply on Monday because the last time it was applied was the previous Monday?

Yes, I have other policy actions for AIX, HP-UX and Red hat with same settings they have been running every Monday with no issues and I see no constraint in the reports which are being generated on the basis of those actions, now because I have 4000+ servers in suse I don’t know what is taking it too long to complete and update its status on Monday itself.

The action starts on April 1st (today, a Wednesday) but you are expecting results from last Monday?

Genuinely confused about whether this is a serious question or an April Fools prank.

Slightly annoying but I can take care of it to launch again as I am positive I did not make any change like that.

I am not sure I understand an issue here. Can you send a screenshot of what the statuses are showing, and what you are expecting? Along with the ‘Action Settings’ listing from your old action?

If you see a lot of computers ‘Waiting’, it may be that they have run the action once and are waiting for the next Monday to run it again.

Also note that if they miss your short window of 5 - 7 AM, they will wait for the next week to try again. They can miss that window if they are powered off during that time, or if they are busy running another action.

Also a system that ran it near the end of the window, say, 6:58 AM, will wait the full seven days, so it can’t run it again until 6:58:01 AM the next week. Since you already limit it to only run in Mondays, I think you should change the reapply to 1 day instead of 7 days; it still won’t run in Tuesday because you have set the 'Run only on Monday’s, but the next week it’ll be ready to run again as soon as 5am comes around.

Thanks for your response Jason, I launched these actions somewhere in Feb and triggered that action on suse servers in March as shown in the screenshot below:-1:

What I am not able to understand that why the execution date got updated to 1st April for all of these policy action as I did not change them. I did receive the data from these actions past week and which was sent by web reports to requested stakeholders. I see all the first 4 actions are starting at 1st april (not sure why) but I take your point to change the “While relevant” setting to one day so once it gets processed on Monday on all the endpoints which are dynamically target by property and then those endpoints comes in to waiting state as the relevance of it will come to true and will get executed on Monday 5 PM again.
This time I am thinking to capture the execution setting screenshots of each for my record.

The screenshots aren’t showing the settings for the old actions - those are settings for a new action, if you were to take the action again now.

That’s right, I will trigger the new actions now. But thanks for your time on this.