Performing Target Inventory

Good Afternoon

We are attempting to build 2 machine types

Lenovo x1 Yoga and Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Both are UEFI Boot. I have switched off secure boot and i’m able to get as far as the Performing Target Inventory screen. It appears that the machine logs itself in the bigfix console but does not proceed further than performing target inventory see screen shot. Anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve?

We’re also using 7.1.1.20.290 and encountered the same issue with the Lenovo X1 Yoga as well as the X1 Carbon and opened PMR 82015,L6Q,000 with IBM. The short of it is that the Lenovo X1 uses a newer type of memory called LPDDR3 and it’s not being recognized properly during the inventory stage. As a result, the screen freezes at “Performing target inventory” (just like in your screenshot). Per IBM support, the fix for this is slated to be included in the next release of the bare metal server planned within Q1 2017.

It appears the Surface Pro 4 also uses LPDDR3 per a quick Google search.

We successfully imaged a Surface Pro 4 tonight using network boot media (USB). Instructions for creating the network boot media at the link below.

Sergio, I used your special EFI code to validate that the Surface Pro 4 is in fact using LPDDR3 memory.

Seems there’s a lot of demand for the Surface Pro 4 as we’re constantly being asked if we’ll soon be able to image and offer it.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS63NW_9.2.0/com.ibm.tem.life.doc_9.2/Lifecycle_Man/OSD_Users_Guide/c_create_dep_media.html