Patch Report for a specific Group

(imported topic written by arpotu91)

Hi,

I’m having trouble pulling together the relevance to generate what I suspect would be a simple report. Perhaps one of you relevance guru’s could help me out. Basically I’m trying to generate a report, by customer, that shows each server and the “Enterprise Security” patches that have been laid down on it in tabular form. Something like this:

Customer X (which is really just a group of groups)

Computer1 | Name of Applied Patch1

Computer1 | Name of Applied Patch2

Computer2 | Name of Applied Patch1

Computer2 | Name of Applied Patch2

ComputerN | Name of Applied Patch1

ComputerN | Name of Applied PatchN

I can list the computers in a group, I can list the patches in Enterprise Security, and I know I need to somehow tie the (expired) relevance of a patch to a computer name, but I can’t seem to pull that together in Presentation Debugger. If I could get the tabular data back, it would be trivial to reformat it and put it in a custom web report.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Arpotu.

(imported comment written by arpotu91)

FYI, here’s where I am with the relevance. I can get the computer name and relevant fixlets, but the complete set of fixlets are repeated for each computer. What I need is the set of fixlets relevant for each computer:

names of members of bes computer group whose (name of it = “CustomerX - All Computers”), names of relevant fixlets whose (name of site of it = “Enterprise Security”) of members of bes computer group whose (name of it = “CustomerX - All Computers”)

Arpotu.

Ok, getting closer. Here’s better relevance, but I need to reduce the set to only fixlets from site “Enterprise Security”:

(name of it, names of relevant fixlets of it) of members of bes computer group whose (name of it = “CustomerX - All Computers”)

Ideas on how I can restrict to only “Enterprise Security” fixlets?

Thanks,

Arpotu.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi arpotu,

Good work so far… you can do this:

(names of it, names of relevant fixlets whose (name of site of it = “Enterprise Security”) of it) of members of bes computer groups whose (name of it = “CustomerX - All Computers”)

Ben

Ben, that works great!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Arpotu

Hate to resurrect an ancient thread, but could someone post the code for this? I am new to BES and it is what they are using at the new job I am at, and I have been trying to get a report that sounds like this one, but not sure…

Computer Name - MS Patch Name/KB - Date installed/Date I patched - Severity level