OS X El Capitan Support

Hopefully BigFix can work within the confines of a SIP enabled system. In our environment we can’t really mandate or recommend that users should disable a security feature in order to run management tools. For all the Mac systems that we directly control we plan on leaving SIP fully enabled and excluding any software that doesn’t support that configuration.

1 Like

I agree with @hansen_m , this is also our intention to keep SIP on.

Concur. We have no intention of disabling SIP.

We will work around it, the full method of working around it may take some time, though an upcoming patch will return almost all of the functionality with more coming as we re-work the internal code to handle the new environment

1 Like

Should the latest patch 9.2.7.53 allow the TriggerClientUI to run in El Capitan?

I apologize, I realize this is an old thread, but it looked most appropriate for my question.

Not yet. SIP is still getting in the way of that. If you need an end user to be able to launch it you can mark it as always tray

Thank you for the info Alan, is Always tray a mac setting or IEM? Could you give a little more detail, I’m just helping out this isn’t my normal gig.

Its a client setting I am talking about

_BESClient_ActionManager_TrayMode 
 Type:  String 
 Version:  7.0 
 Platform:  Windows 
 Default:  OffersTray 
 Requires Client Restart:  NO 
 Description:  "Specifies level of tray functionality - one of  "NoTray", "ActionsTray", "OffersTray", "AlwaysTray".
 Defaults to "OffersTray".

Hello, do you know which version will officially fix the problem?