Operator "result from" is not defined - relevance error question

(imported topic written by jasonpap200291)

Hi,

I’m summing up the number of endpoints with free disk space less than N MB (20000 listed below). I want it relevant for only those endpoints for whom exists a bes property “Custom Property”.

I’m so close I can taste it. I get the error The operator “result from” is not defined. I’ve traced this back from pimpmybes.com to possible be b/c the value returned from bes property “Free Space on System Drive” is an integer tuple, and the remaining components are just simple integers, causing a mixing of data types. What am I doing wrong? I’ve got to be close, right?

<?Relevance (td of (sum of ( (values of results from (bes computers whose (exist bes property "Custom Property")) whose (value of it as integer < 20000) of (preceding text of first " MB" of value of result from (bes property "Free Space on System Drive") as integer) ) ) as string ) ) ?>

Lastly, is there a definitive error message document that will help me moving forward? I’ve found the QNAErrorMessage document at http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/documents/QNAErrorMessages-2005-06-17.pdf

which helped, but am wondering if there is anything else out there to help in this situation.

As always, you guys are fantastic - thanks in advance for all guidance.

-Jason

(imported comment written by jessewk)

This should get you a lot closer:

unordered list of links of computers of results from

(

bes property “Free Space on System Drive”

)

whose

(

preceding text of first " MB" of value of it as integer < 20000

)

of computers of results of bes property “Custom Property”

(imported comment written by jasonpap200291)

Thanks Jesse! That certainly looks a lot simpler.

I’ll give it a try and let you know on it.

Much obliged.

-Jason

By the way -how close was I with the mixup of data types - integer tuple vs. simple integer? Is that was what was wrong?

I’ll see what I can research on the “unordered list of links of computers of results” line… seems there is no end to possibilities with relevance - :slight_smile:

I’ll try the solution this morning and post back results.

Thanks again!

-Jason

Very cool - provides a list of computers meeting that relevance and even allows them to link to console for deeper details. I learned something here.

However, I’m looking just for the total number of said computers (hyper link to the group would be nice bonus).

I tried “sum of ( blah ) as integer” and “number of” but just get “operator sum not defined”.

1 step forward, 5 steps back. You folks make it look so easy! But I’m making progress with your help.

All guidance appreciated.

-Jason

(imported comment written by jessewk)

This will give you the number of computers with < 20000 MB of space:

number of computers of results from
(
bes property “Free Space on System Drive”
)
whose
(
preceding text of first " MB" of value of it as integer < 20000
)
of computers of results of bes property “Custom Property”

If you want to create a report that links to those you can use the code I posted here:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=15788#p15788

Just change the relevance string above to return ‘ids of …’ instead of ‘number of …’ and substitute it as the string passed to EvaluateRelevance(). You’ll also want to edit the html text appropriately. The same caveats about cleaning it up to work with other web browers apply.

Jesse

Thats great - thank you Jesse.

I took your advice and last night managed to get this to work:

number of (

(value of results from (bes property “Free Space on System Drive”)

whose

(preceding text of first " MB" of value of it as integer < 20000)

of computers of results of bes property “SMEX - Product Version”)

) as string

Which is nearly identical to your recommendation, except you use “computers” instead of “value”. “Computers” makes more sense to me, and I’ll mark this down as something for me to explore later. All in the name of learning. :slight_smile:

I’ll also explore the use of “ids of” to get a link to the actual computers based on your reply.

Thanks again for all your help.

-Jason