ENDED — Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group - Nov18th 2016

Sorry about that, I definitely meant to do this earlier. This is pinned globally now.

Do you have an agenda for this user group meeting? Have very many people signed up for this user group meeting yet? I am thinking about attending but it will be about a 3 hour drive each way so I want to make sure I can justify attending the meeting.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for your interest. I can understand and appreciate your position on needing to justify the investment in time and expense. I hope to have the event agenda finalized by EOD this Friday. I’ll update this post once the agenda is finalized.

If you’re able to attend, please make sure to register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-meeting-tickets-28458294525

Thanks,
-Casey

1 Like

If you’re an IBM BixFix customer and planning on attending the 2nd Ohio Valley BigFix User Group event, we’re looking for a ~15 minute customer experience presentation. If you’re interested, please contact me via this post or a private message. Thank you.

1 Like

All—

Just a reminder that we’re still looking for a customer experience story for the upcoming Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group event. Please contact me if you’re interested in presenting.

Alternatively, if there’s a BigFix topic that you’d like to discuss or have presented in the “Customer Experience Story” block, please email me your ideas and I’ll see what I can get lined up.

Thank you,
—Casey

1 Like

Casey,
Can you edit the date on this Topic? I believe the date is now Friday, November 11th 2016.
-jgo

The eventbrite says Nov 18th, not the 11th.

@jgo,

The date for the event is Friday, November 18th. I’m not sure where where the 11th came from. Originally the dates were between the 4th or 18th. If you can identify somewhere that I’ve put the wrong date, please do let me know and I’ll get it sorted.

Thanks,
—Casey

1 Like

Good morning all. I am still seeking a customer experience story presentation for our upcoming BigFix users group event on Friday, November 18th. The presentation should be 10-15 minutes to allow a few minutes for Q&A. The presentation can cover any aspect of your BigFix implementation that you think others might benefit from or find interesting. If you’re interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Something somewhere totally said the 11th at some point in time in the history of space and time. -jgo

Good afternoon all. I’m pleased to announce that @ajdavis will be presenting on a web-based endpoint remediation wizard that his team created which provides field technicians with the ability to troubleshoot and remediate BESClient issues.

2 Likes

Greetings all. Thank you to everyone that attended the Ohio Valley BigFix users group event this past Friday (11/18) and helped make it a great successful. Additionally, many thanks to our presenters and sponsors (Kroger & IBM).

Please note that I am working on getting copies of the IBM presentations to make available via this forum post. This will likely not happen until after the Thanksgiving holiday.

I’ve also collected several photos from the event that I’ll make available in an online photo album. On that note, if you have any photos from the event, please forward them to me and I’ll include them in the album.

If you attended the event and have any feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via the BigFix forum or Ohio Valley BigFix users group on LinkedIn on LinkedIn.

Kind regards,
@cmcannady

1 Like

The attached PDF file is the URLs from Dave Langridge’s presentation on IBM BigFix L2 support and the IBM Security Learning Academy.

20161118 - Langridge - Ohio BUG Links Pages.pdf (23.0 KB)

The attached PDF file is from John Golembiewski’s presentation.

RestMagic.pdf (1.2 MB)

We’ll have to find an acceptable download location for his AutoPach2.2.1 code in ZIP format as the forum doesn’t recognize this as a valid file format.

1 Like

you could try naming it .zip.pdf and see if the forum will take that.

like this ?

Oh… you mean like this. (1.2 MB)

I just noticed that upload feature, perhaps for a third time. Kind of nice.
-jgo

I meant if you were going to upload the file to the forum itself. You can just post a link to the zip file to the forum if you have it hosted elsewhere. GitHub would be even better.

Yes, that works.
You just have to rename the extension after download to .zip (removing the .pdf)

Rename this to AutoPatch.zip after download

Not sure if you can host the source code on github or similar, but that would definitely be useful.

1 Like