ENDED — Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group - Nov18th 2016

Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-meeting-tickets-28458294525

Calling all BigFix users in the greater Ohio Valley area, please join us on Friday, November 18th for the 2nd Ohio Valley BigFix user group event. The tentative event agenda is planned as follows:

• 1:00PM — Registration
  • 1:30PM — Introductions & users group business
  • 1:45PM — WebUI Query, Self-Service & Profile Mgmt - Aram Eblighatian - Solutions Architect - IBM BigFix
  • 2:30PM — Working with IBM support, tips & tricks - Dave Langridge - L2 Technical Lead - IBM L2 Support BigFix
  • 3:00PM — Open Q&A Session #1
  • 3:15PM — Break/Networking
  • 3:45PM — A little bit of REST magic! - John Golembiewski - Endpoint Security Architect & Evangelist - IBM Security
  • 4:15PM — Web-based Endpoint Remediation - AJ Davis - UPS
  • 4:30PM — Open Q&A Session #2
  • 5:00PM — Wrap Up
  • 6:00PM — IBM hosted after event at Firehouse Grill located at 4785 Lake Forest Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45242

Please note that advance registration is required for access into the Kroger facility where we’ll be holding the users group meeting. If you register for more than 1 ticket, please make sure to include required details for each attendee. If you’re not on the attendee list, then security will not allow you to enter the facility.

Want to know more or ask a question to attendees regarding this event? Simply post your question here or on our LinkedIn group.

Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-meeting-tickets-28458294525
LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8458438
BigFix Forum: https://forum.bigfix.com/t/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-nov18th-2016

4 Likes

If you’re coming to the next Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group meeting, I need your input. What topics would you like to see at the upcoming Ohio Valley Users Group meeting? Please respond to this conversation and provide me with your feedback. Thank you. -Casey

2 Likes

I’m pleased to announce that we’ll have a, IBM L2 Technical Support Lead at this upcoming Ohio Valley Users Group meeting. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to have someone from BigFix development/engineering attend too. Specifics on presentations will be communicated once all resources have been identified and confirmed.

2 Likes

Happy Friday everyone… with the feedback I’ve received, the November 18th date has won by a landslide. I will begin working on an official invite that will be sent out via Eventbright next week. I’ll post that Eventbright link once it’s available.

I’m still looking for feedback and ideas on presentation topics. Right now we have:

1. Working with IBM support (confirmed)
  2. A little bit of REST magic (tentative)

If there’s something you’ve always wanted to know about BigFix… now’s your chance. Provide your feedback and I’ll see what I can get lined up.

This meeting will be held at the Kroger Technology facility called the Landings. Attendees must register in advance so that your name is on the security list for entrance to the facility. We will be providing some drinks and snacks for the meeting.

Finally, I’d like to plan an after event at a local restaurant. If your company would like to sponsor the after event, please contact me directly.

Thank you,
—Casey

If you’re interested in attending the 2nd Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group meeting, please register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-meeting-tickets-28458294525

1 Like

Are you going to keep this thread as the primary communications channel about the event and registration, or make a separate one just for that?

I don’t know that there is a clear best choice, but if so, I’ll globally pin this post after the Oct13th user group is over. Remind me if I forget.

Hi James,

So yes, I’m posting on this BigFix forum thread and a thread in our LinkedIn group. If you don’t mind posting globally after the 13th, that’d be great. I’ve put a note in my calendar to reach out to you on the 17th as a reminder.

Thanks,
-Casey

1 Like

Sounds good.

You might consider having the link back to this forum thread at the end of the eventbrite description as a way for those interested to participate in the conversation here.

Good point. I’ve added links on our EventBrite listing back to this forum thread and to our group in LinkedIn. Thanks! -Casey

1 Like

Hi James. When you have time, could you please pin the Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group topic?

Thank you,
-Casey

1 Like

Sorry about that, I definitely meant to do this earlier. This is pinned globally now.

Do you have an agenda for this user group meeting? Have very many people signed up for this user group meeting yet? I am thinking about attending but it will be about a 3 hour drive each way so I want to make sure I can justify attending the meeting.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for your interest. I can understand and appreciate your position on needing to justify the investment in time and expense. I hope to have the event agenda finalized by EOD this Friday. I’ll update this post once the agenda is finalized.

If you’re able to attend, please make sure to register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-valley-bigfix-users-group-meeting-tickets-28458294525

Thanks,
-Casey

1 Like

If you’re an IBM BixFix customer and planning on attending the 2nd Ohio Valley BigFix User Group event, we’re looking for a ~15 minute customer experience presentation. If you’re interested, please contact me via this post or a private message. Thank you.

1 Like

All—

Just a reminder that we’re still looking for a customer experience story for the upcoming Ohio Valley BigFix Users Group event. Please contact me if you’re interested in presenting.

Alternatively, if there’s a BigFix topic that you’d like to discuss or have presented in the “Customer Experience Story” block, please email me your ideas and I’ll see what I can get lined up.

Thank you,
—Casey

1 Like

Casey,
Can you edit the date on this Topic? I believe the date is now Friday, November 11th 2016.
-jgo

The eventbrite says Nov 18th, not the 11th.