Nutanix Prism Element Configuration Issue in BigFix Inventory

Configured 5 Prism Element in BFI wherein from 2 Prism Element BFI is able to collect data but other 3 Prism Element status is shown as Unknown Problem.
Service id which I am using has full rights to query data from Prism Element and Prism Central but still I am getting error.
In HCL Portal as well I do not see much troubleshooting steps for Unknown Problem and they are asking to open support ticket.
Unfortunately we don’t have HCL support License to open ticket. Hence please suggest the possible remediation for the highlighted issue.
@ssakunala @learningdaily @quest @ageorgiev @ArturZ @GJablonska @MichalPaluch

Shweta,
Check the vm manager tool trace.log files under VMMAN\logs for any error details logged.

1 Like

It says internal error occurred while collecting data

BigFix Inventory supports PRISM API version 2
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/admin/c_vm_managers.html?hl=nutanix%2Cprism

Do all Prism hosts support API version 2.0? I am not sure if the same API defined on the BFI UI can be run from a Browser and check the result.

1 Like

You can dig through the trace log (should be under: c:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\VMMAN\logs\trace.log, assuming it’s installed on Windows machine) but it’s not easy to find the error.

If you can’t find the exact error message in there, run a manual test via cmd (again assuming Windows machine) and see what it gives you back: vmman.bat -testconnection -config “<path_to_config_directo><name_of_connectionfile>.properties”

Generally speaking, the two most common issues are permissions and account passwords/expired passwords. I did see on one of the older VMWare hosts an issue propagating permissions where even though the account was given read-only on the root level, it didn’t propagate down to each nodes the same permissions, and it had to be added on each level before it started to work (some kind of ESXi permissions bug).

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Thanks Both!!
Query:
Does BFI Supports ,Linux and Windows guests on ESXi VERSION 6.7.0 on x86 appliances, managed by Nutanix PRISM ?

Yes and that is the reason I am using Prism Element url in BFI which supports API V_2.0.