Numerical comparisons (less than, greater than) in Web Reports

I have some analyses that return integers, with the idea that that would trigger Web Reports to provide the ‘less than’ and ‘greater than’ options. But instead, I still only get the string comparisons (is, is not, contains, etc.).

I would think this would be problematic for other users, because basically it removes the ability to sort or filter numerical results in a meaningful way.

Is anyone using a workaround for this issue that they could share?

Thanks,
Sean

When I use APIs, there is a field that tells the code the return type.

Here is one idea to pad the number with leading zeros:

last 5 of ("00000" & (34 as string))

last 5 of ("00000" & (123 as string))

In this case, your integers are always 5 digits with leading zeros for proper string sorting.

Thanks, LeeWei. Are you able to comment on any plans to make Web Reports recognize the property type and provide appropriate comparison options for numbers, dates, etc? I tried to search for an existing RFE but the developerworks website seems to be having some issues.

@Sean, I think this is a useful addition, though I have not seen specific plans for it.

There are appropriate comparators for many types, but for the analysis results, the result is a string so that is why you get string comparisons. You’d have to convert the object back into an integer to be able to do that.