Number of Baseline Components

I know that according to the BigFix Health Check page the max number of components a baseline should have is 100. If i have a long deployment window (ie. 3 weeks) what would be the impact of deploying a baseline with 300+ components? Are there other factors to consider other than deployment window length? Or am i just better off splitting the baseline in 2 or 3 and sequencing them? I’m trying to figure out the best approach to getting an environment patch compliant as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

While this doesn’t directly answer your question about baselines, if you want to bring an environment up to patch compliance quickly, I’d recommend the Patch Policy application in WebUI: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSTK87_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.webui.doc/WebUI/Users_Guide/c_get_started_with_patch_policy.html. It avoids the need to manage/maintain baselines, and automatically deploys patches in an efficient manner for you.

(that said, regarding baselines, I would certainly recommend breaking them up to avoid having one baseline with 300+ components)

Thanks Aram, i’ll take a look.