Not 'Logon As Service' account or wrong password

while installing the BFI 10 on windows server, I’m getting the below error message. can you please let me know, anyone had the same issue. I tried with hostname, hostname with fqdn and also ip address of the sql server but no luck. the sql userid is connecting successfully on the db side, I verfied on the ms sql server mgmt. studio. I’m new just figured out how to use the new topic. Apology for the duplicate post.
Not ‘Logon As Service’ account or wrong password.

You need to grant ‘Logon as a Service’ right to the service account that will run the BFI server service.

You do this in Administrative Tools under Local Security Policy. Look for Local Policy and then User Rights Assignment. In the right-hand pane, right-click on Log on as a service, and select properties. Then click on the Add User or Group… button. Find the service account in the list of users and select it, and click OK, then OK to save the changes.

Note steps 8 and 9 in the installation instructions here: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/planinconf/t_installing_server_interactive_win.html

Thank you very much for the update. I installed the application but unable to do the initial configuration. getting the below message. I checked the BFI sevice is running and also check the tema.log. I opened a case with HCL too

We are sorry, but something went wrong.
Contact your BigFix Inventory administrator if the problem persists.

Errno::EACCES (Permission denied - D:\Program Files\BigFix Enterpise\BFI\wlp\usr\servers\server1/server.xml):
org/jruby/RubyFile.java:359:in initialize' org/jruby/RubyIO.java:1169:inopen’
lib/database.rb:150:in dump_xml' lib/database.rb:785:inensure_schema’
lib/database.rb:292:in save' app/controllers/setup_controller.rb:157:indatabase’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/basic_implicit_render.rb:4:in send_action' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:186:inprocess_action’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/rendering.rb:30:in process_action' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:20:inblock in process_action’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:108:in block in run_callbacks' gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:135:inrun_callbacks’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:19:in process_action' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/rescue.rb:20:inprocess_action’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/instrumentation.rb:32:in block in process_action' gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:166:inblock in instrument’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/notifications/instrumenter.rb:21:in instrument' gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:166:ininstrument’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/instrumentation.rb:30:in process_action' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal/params_wrapper.rb:252:inprocess_action’
lib/controllers/datasource_controller_plugin.rb:14:in process_action' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:124:inprocess’
gems/gems/actionview-5.1.7/lib/action_view/rendering.rb:30:in process' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal.rb:189:indispatch’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_controller/metal.rb:253:in dispatch' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:49:indispatch’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:31:in serve' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/journey/router.rb:50:inblock in serve’
org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1735:in each' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/journey/router.rb:33:inserve’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:844:in call' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/static.rb:125:incall’
gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/content_length.rb:15:in call' gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/etag.rb:25:incall’
gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/conditional_get.rb:38:in call' gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/head.rb:12:incall’
gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/session/abstract/id.rb:259:in context' gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/session/abstract/id.rb:253:incall’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/cookies.rb:613:in call' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/callbacks.rb:26:inblock in call’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:97:in run_callbacks' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/callbacks.rb:24:incall’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/debug_exceptions.rb:59:in call' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/show_exceptions.rb:31:incall’
gems/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:36:in call_app' gems/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:24:inblock in call’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:69:in block in tagged' gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:26:intagged’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/tagged_logging.rb:69:in tagged' gems/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:24:incall’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/remote_ip.rb:79:in call' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/request_id.rb:25:incall’
gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/method_override.rb:22:in call' gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/runtime.rb:22:incall’
gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/cache/strategy/local_cache_middleware.rb:27:in call' gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/executor.rb:12:incall’
gems/gems/actionpack-5.1.7/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/static.rb:125:in call' gems/gems/rack-2.0.8/lib/rack/sendfile.rb:111:incall’
gems/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:522:in call' uri:classloader:/rack/handler/servlet.rb:22:incall’

[5/15/20 6:51:50:342 UTC] 00000080 com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp I SRVE0292I: Servlet Message - tema:.[INFO] Rendering html template

[5/15/20 6:51:50:342 UTC] 00000080 com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp I SRVE0292I: Servlet Message - tema:.[INFO] Rendered html template (0.0ms)

[5/15/20 6:51:50:342 UTC] 00000080 com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp I SRVE0292I: Servlet Message - tema:.[INFO] Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 156ms (Views: 21.0ms)

My first impression is that your Service Account is not the Owner of the temadb in SQL Server. 500 Internal Server Error usually indicates a database access problem.