No Image menu displaying during PXE

Not sure what has happened, but our workstations will PXE boot just fine except they never display an image menu. It never errors out, just sticks at the general information before displaying our image menu. Nothing has been changed on our OSD server, and dashboard health checks are all green- any thoughts?

Hi,
could you please check, on the bare metal server dashboard, how many profiles have been sent to your bare metal server?
Is this behavior only on some of the targets pxe booting on that bare metal server or all of them?
Thanks.

We have two Images in the library, with two profiles each. In short, a Windows 10 image with Bare Metal and Reimage profile and the same for our Windows 11 image. The behavior exists across all workstations, they will PXE boot but never arrive to the menu options for imaging. I did look into the logs on the OSD server and found numerous database issues dating back to last weekends server maintenance so I am currently investigating that angle.

Hello.
Have the profiles been sent to the bare metal server? Could you please check that, if you select your bare metal server in the bare metal server manager dashboard, the bare metal profiles are displayed in the profiles table below?
Thanks.

So it seems that some weekend maintenance was done to our database servers which subsequently broke the connection to our OSD server. Essentially we lost connectivity to the OSD catalog for drivers, images, etc. I saw numerous errors in the DB logs for the OSD server, so we did a restart and everything re-connected afterwards.

1 Like