Newly assets not reflecting

Hello Guys,

Just have once concern, newly created VM machines not reflecting in console “Unmanaged” assets.

I did Run nmap scan and completed all require actions but no luck to see unmanaged assets.

this is require so that it can be deployed BES client directly.

need your suggestions.

thanks

Hello SysAdmin3,

Could you please verify if a firewall is turned on for your new VMs?

Regards,
Vitaliy

No, even though physical machines configured within the domain those are also not reflecting.

But once bes client installation done manually it reflects in the console.

Are you running the nmap scan from a host on the same IP subnet? The scan doesn’t cross routers.

Yes same IP subnets.

And you aren’t in an environment like AWS or Azure that doesn’t allow this kind of scanning?

let me share how I access console.

I access the environment through citrix vpn access, within the envrionment network I access the console and I have designated VM from which I target the nmap scan. action says completed but no lucks.

The subnet that the scanning is on has to allow the kind of probing that nmap does. Is this an ESXi system or a cloud system?

Yes, it’s a Esxi system.

So from the scanning VM the machines you are looking for need to be on the same subnet (usually the same virtual network) so if they aren’t thats your first problem

@ AlanM, Ok. that means I need to specify the IP range or hostnames of those machines created…right?

Basically my requirement is to create a collection type baseline for newly discover machines and same can populate in the console. So that whenever I see the new machines I can deploy the BES Client.

What do you suggest?