Need to have Data Sync Between Bigfix Servers

In my Environment , I have 10 Bigfix Servers serving different customers . We are performing software distribution using Bigfix. Using Bigfix I create a package on Instance 1 BF server and perform the distribution. and when the requirement comes to other BF servers, I export the fixlet , Sha1 folder and sha1 file and I manually copy to the other requested server and import the data on to the other server to perform the distribution…
But my requirement is , On server 1 , I create a folder name Repo and I place all the exported Bigfix fixlets , Tasks and Sha1 file in that folder… and I want a way to replicate that entire folder to all the different Instances in the environment… No Each Bigfix Instance talks to other…

Need some help here to perform the Data Sync among the Bigfix Servers.

That sounds like a lot more than you’re going to get out of a forum post. You’ll likely need to hire IBM Professional Services or your preferred provider to write an application for you.

1 Like

You could write something with the REST API that should be able to do this.

Another option would be to use normal prefetches for the downloads in the fixlets/tasks and host the file downloads on a web server that all of the root servers can reach. Then when you populate the fixlets/tasks in all of the root servers, they will all be able to get to the downloads without having to send those over to each one individually. This is definitely how I would do it.