Multiple BigFix client on single computer

Hi all.

Does anyone know if it possible to have multiple BigFix clients installed on the single machine?
Or, can a single client communicate to multiple BigFix environments?

The reason i am asking is because a customer is already using the client with ILMT to report CPU for Websphere licensing purposes.

However, as the MSP we also use BigFix for Patch Management, and Inventory so we need to have it available for our purpose as well.

Can they continue to use their for their purpose, and we install a new copy to use for ours?

No, an endpoint can only communicate to a single Bigfix server, based on the masthead (aka actionsite.afxm) file installed in the client folder. An endpoint can be redirected to a different Bigfix server by switching out the masthead for a different one, and then restarting the client. But that will cause it to talk to the new Bigfix server and stop talking to the old one.

1 Like

Perhaps you could migrate their ILMT functionality into your Bigfix deployment, and configure their role in Inventory to show only their computers? As the MSP I would see that as a good opportunity to expand your services for the customer.

Thanks guys.
Even though I was hoping it wasn’t the case, that’s what I thought it would be.

The next option was to suggest they use our instance. I will see what can be done.

cheers