Multiple action groups and REST

Is there a way to use the SourcedFixletAction components but in the way of a Multiple Action Group? I’m able to create an MAG but it requires more work because you have to inject the the target fixlet name, relevance, actionscript, etc. Where as with SourcedFixletAction, you just need to call the fixlet site, ID, and action, and it allows the user to link back the fixlet component to the source fixlet.

Starting from 9.2.5 release we added the support for sourced member inside
the MultipleActionGroup.

Can you provide a sample xml that uses SourcedFixletAction within a MultipleActionGroup?

Can anyone provide a sample of how to call a SourcedFixletAction within a MultipleActionGroup?

Here’s a simple example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<BES xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BES.xsd">
  <MultipleActionGroup>
    <Title>Multiple Action Group Test</Title>
    <Relevance>true</Relevance>
    <SourcedMemberAction>
      <SourceFixlet>
        <Sitename>BES Support</Sitename>
        <FixletID>1</FixletID>
        <Action>Action1</Action>
      </SourceFixlet>
    </SourcedMemberAction>
    <SourcedMemberAction>
      <SourceFixlet>
        <Sitename>BES Support</Sitename>
        <FixletID>2</FixletID>
        <Action>Action1</Action>
      </SourceFixlet>
    </SourcedMemberAction>
    <Target>
      <ComputerID>1234</ComputerID>
    </Target>
  </MultipleActionGroup>
</BES>

For future reference, please note that the XSD for your Root Server’s version is available at:

https://<rootserver>:<port>/xmlschema/BESAPI.xsd
2 Likes

hi Aram, that’s perfect, and I see it works too (in 9.2.5.130 at least) thanks!

1 Like

Hi @cstoneba and @Aram and @elisa,
This post was helpful, thank you. I’m using the REST API to create baselines along with associated components. I would like to leverage what you’re shown above by creating a MultipleActionGroup along with all the components (fixlets/tasks). Using your example, I can create the MultipleActionGroup in Bigfix but I’m unable to link this back to my baseline.

Do you know if there is any way that we can link the MultipleActionGroup back to the original baseline? I basically want to mimic the same behavior as if I had taken action on a baseline in the BF console. Thanks a lot!
Todd

For that, you’d create a SourcedFixletAction, with the source fixlet ID and site referring to your baseline. You don’t have to specify each baseline component, just the baseline itself.

2 Likes

Yes, that worked and thank you @JasonWalker. Here is a sample of what worked for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<BES xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BES.xsd">
    <SourcedFixletAction>
        <SourceFixlet>
            <Sitename>CSG_Development</Sitename>
            <FixletID>84</FixletID>
        </SourceFixlet>
        <Target>
            <AllComputers>true</AllComputers>
        </Target>
    </SourcedFixletAction>
</BES>
1 Like