MS11-070 through MS11-074

(imported topic written by Bill.Ehardt)

Is there a delay in these? Only 5 patches this month seems to be taking longer than usual…

(imported comment written by dgibson91)

We were wondering the same thing. It has never taken this long before.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

We haven’t gotten them either, I thought there might be something wrong with my site!

Thanks,

Scott

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

The content notification emails haven’t went out yet that I know of, so they just must be sloooow.

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

There it goes… someone must have forgotten to press the button :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by JasonHonda)

They have just been released in version 1520 of the site.

(imported comment written by tscott91)

We still don’t have them either!? WTF?! 9/14 at 2:30 EST…

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

tscott, do a gather on the site and it should update.

http://sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/bessecurity shows version 1520

Thank you. That worked. :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delays this week… The Sharepoint patches were very tricky and rather than release the patches in batches (like we normally do), we waited to release them all… We will address this so that you can get the most critical patches first and some of the more esoteric patches that take longer a little bit later (as we normally do).

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben… So there are still some MSXX fixlets that you need to release for this month?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

No, I think we got them all… I may have not been clear in my message above… Let me try again:

Typically, every patch cycle we will prioritize Fixlets we work on first… so it might look like this:

• MS releases patches at 11am PT.
  • 4 critical WinXP bulletins released at 2pm.
  • 3 important patches for Win2000 released at 4pm.
  • 2 important patches for Small Business Server Pro Edition SP7 R6 released at 2am.

So above is a contrived example of what we would typically do and everyone likes it because most patches people care about are done by 4pm… But… imagine if we waited and released all the patches at 2am… This is basically what we did yesterday…

So that was a mistake and we will not wait next time… Make sense?

Ben