Moving the ISO file to the user's desktop

Hello

I am performing the Windows Build Version Upgrade Fixlet.

At the time of client command, it tries to move to the desktop of the currently logged in user.

What command should I use?

%userprofile%\Desktop
I tried it, but it doesn’t seem to be included in the variable.

I need help.

Which Fixlet ID/name is that?

fixletid: 1111549
I am copying and editing it.

Here
in the “workPath” variable
I am trying to designate as the bar screen for the logged-in user.

I’m pretty sure there’s more to what you’re trying to do than just moving the ISO to the user’s desktop folder.

To get to the user’s desktop folder, you’d need to use a relevance expression - for instance a Relevance expression like I illustrate at Tip - Action Override User settings

parameter "UserFolder"="{(preceding text of first "|" of it | it) of concatenation "|" of profile folders of users of logged on users whose (active of it)}\MyBESContent\{id of action as string}"

However, this has a lot of limitations -

1. You need to ‘copy’, not ‘move’, the ISO to the user’s folder, since otherwise it would retain the Administrator-only permissions from the __BESData folder where it was downloaded.
  2. You need to change all of the ‘wait’ commands with overrides to run in the current user’s context if you’re trying to display messages to the user.
  3. The fixlet as-written doesn’t require any user input, so while they might see commands running, they shouldn’t be able to interact with it.
  4. If you apply the overrides to run in user context, there must be a user logged on. They probably also need admin rights.
  5. You need to override the batch commands for wherever you want the ‘SetupComplete.cmd’ batch to end up.
  6. You have to pay attention to what other areas of the actionscript are doing - for instance the line waithidden cmd /C rmdir /S /Q "{parameter "workPath"}" would delete your user’s Desktop folder if you’re just changing the value of “workPath” to be the user’s Desktop folder
  7. As the upgrade uses sysprep and possibly USMT to migrate user profiles beween the original and the new Windows installation, I’m not sure if it’ll even work with the ISO in the user’s profile.

The Win10 upgrade fixlets can be difficult to build and troubleshoot - I’d advise against changing the default scripts unless you fully understand the process and have a specific problem you’re trying to work around.

Hello JsonWalker

As you said, I tried to test whether a value is entered into the parameter.

But an evaluation error occurred.
Is there something I’m doing wrong?
Isn’t that how you use it?

@ehdduq0820

vs adding users

I think this is a case of a misleading error message in the debugger.

q: (preceding text of first "|" of it | it) of concatenation "|" of profile folders of users of logged on users whose (active of it)
E: The expression could not be evaluated: Windows Error 0x522: A required privilege is not held by the client.

Can’t I use it like the attached picture?
Am I understanding it wrong?

when i see

It seems to return the parameter value as “true”.

So “C:\Program Files(x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData__FixletDebugger”

It looks like you are trying to paste the files in a folder called true below.

I think this should return a user name that is not true, how do I do it?

@ehdduq0820

exists logged on user whose (active of it) will give a true or false
name of logged on user whose (active of it) will give the user name

You can use name of logged on user whose (active of it) in the Fixlet Debugger in an Action Script parameter.

You cannot use profile folders of users of logged on users whose (active of it) in the Fixlet Debugger in an Action Script parameter because that relevance needs a higher security context to function. If you use it in the BigFix client in a real action, it will work. Debugger cannot run this one.

@brolly33

Thanks for the help!!

I think I’m getting the result I want.

One last question remains.

to copy a file
“Access Denied”

As far as I know, running it with administrator privileges shouldn’t be a problem.

What additional actions should be taken

@brolly33

Thanks everyone for your help!!

The above content is completed by giving the file name at the end.

thank you!

1 Like