Monitoring the bes client?

I’m trying to monitor the client health from the endpoint server that the client is running on. You’re right that the Console Last Report Time is good, but that doesn’t help me from the endpoint perspective, unless the endpoint was to reach out to WebReports / BES REST API to get it’s last report time, but that seems inefficient.

Yes, if we find that the Client’s Last Report Time is old, then the local monitoring agent would bounce the BES Client service. If it fails enough times, then a ticket would be cut for manual user intervention. In the event that Last UDP Ping is old, there would be no automatic correction, but just additional information provided to a person that the connectivity for UDP 52311 needs to be investigated.

Pushing an action every X hours does provide that UDP 52311 is getting through and TCP 52311 is getting back up from Client to root. For now, our goal is to just prove that is true, as it is a good sign that the BES Client would be available to run an action on demand. If that check result is Bad (L.R.T or L.U.P old), then we know there is a problem somewhere.

How would you do it if you wanted a local monitoring agent to know whether or not the local BES Client is available to run an action right now?

i’m trying to use the BES Client Compliance API but am stuck. On Windows, how do you call the local client compliance api? I’ve followed these steps in the URL below and all it says is how to call the Unix and Mac APIs, but not Windows. Also (at least on Win 9.2.5 client), all the registry and directories that the doc says to create already exist, so there’s a disconnect between the people making the doc and what the BES Client installer does.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/API_Reference/ClientAPI/ConfiguringTheComponents.html