Monitor location change through subnet relevance

(imported topic written by Braian)

HI All,

I want to monitor all pc location changes through subnet, ive record current subnet ip address to registry and write this relevance but with errors. Please Help.

value of subnetip: ex. 192.168.1.0

relevance:

if (exists key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix” whose (value “SUBNETIP” of it as string = (subnet masks of ip interfaces whose (loopback of it = false) of network)) of registry) then “No Change” else “Changed”

Thanks,

Braian

(imported comment written by Lee Wei 2)

What is the error that you are getting Braian?

I do notice a few issues.

Firstly, I think you meant “subnet addresses” and not “subnet masks”.

Subnet addresses (or masks) return an IP Address object, so we cannot compare to a string.

It needs to be:

(it as string) of subnet address of ip interface

Also you need to determine what happens if there are more than one network interfaces. We cannot compare multiple values to a string.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Braian)

hi Lee Wei,

Thanks for the reply, my mistake on the subnet mask, i got this working by setting it as like version and its working for me for single network.

relevance:

if (exists key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix” whose (value “LastRAMSize” of it as string as version = subnet address of ip interfaces whose (loopback of it = false) of network as string as version) of registry) then “No Change” else “Changed”

Lee Wei, how to get/query the location name created in the location wizard by subnet?

Thanks

(imported comment written by Lee Wei 2)

Braian,

You indicated that you have figured out how to do this in another thread, right?

Lee Wei

Yes Lee Wei, Thanks.