Missing updates on BigFix

Hello,

We have a problem with Microsoft updates on Bigfix, we can’t find several kbs on fixlets and tasks.
the last KBs that were updated on bigfix date February 13, 2020, since that time we have not had the newest KBs on our bigfix system,
After checking server logs via GatherDB.log I found the following errors :
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 17:26:38 +0100 – Unexpected exception during gather of site BES Support: File error “class DiskFullError” on “C:\Windows\TEMP\bigF6B6.tmp” : "Windows Error 0x70%: There is not enough space on the disk."
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:28:05 +0100 – File error “class DiskFullError” on “C:\Windows\TEMP\big3977.tmp” : “Windows Error 0x70%: There is not enough space on the disk.”

in relay logs :
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:40:07 +0200 - /cgi-bin/bfenterprise/besgathermirror.exe/-siteversion (12284) - Unable to find site id for URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/bfgather.exe/opsite111
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:40:24 +0200 - /cgi-bin/bfenterprise/besgathermirror.exe/-siteversion (9940) - Unable to find site id for URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/bfgather.exe/opsite10

and stock production, can not deploy monthly patches.

If you have any idea how to solve the issue would be great and so much helpful

Thank you and have a nice day !

Have you investigated the error being reported? Do you have enough disk space on your C: drive for the server to decompress the site archives?

Yes the error being reported in server logs from GatherDB, I could find that the diskfull error, yes we still have 6.54 G free in Disk C:
Could you please tell me how I can decompress the site archives ?

The server does it automatically during the gathering process. In your console, if you expand Sites -> External Sites -> Patches for Windows… on the Details tab, what version does it show you are on? As of the moment, version 3,567 should be the current one.

@SoufBk,

Is this a new BigFix instance? If so, have you successfully deployed MS patches previously?

Does your BigFix server access the Internet via a proxy? If so, have you verified that other sites are gathering as expected? If you’d like, you can DM me to provide a copy of your GatherDB.log from your root BES server.

Do you see any related errors in the BESRelay.log on your root BES server?

As @MDMike indicated, the current version of the Patches for Windows external site is 3,567.

When the BESGatherDB service is operating as expected, you should see something similar to the following in the GatherDB.log from your root BES server.

Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:28:04 -0400 – Beginning DB import of version 3567 of site Enterprise Security
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:31:05 -0400 – Import of version 3567 of site Enterprise Security completed successfully

I hope this helps.

Best,
@cmcannady

The Current Version is : 3,484 :frowning:

Thank you so much for you answer,
it is Console version 9.5.8.38 , not the newest version.
I’ll double check and let you know asap

Best regards,

@SoufBk, the Patches for Windows external site version is not dependant on the version of BigFix platform that’s installed.

That said, the latest release of the 9.5 version of the BigFix platform is patch 15. As a best practice, it’s recommended to remain at N-1 version.

Looking back at your original question, you have more than a Gather issue as the error in the BESRelay log is specific to operator sites. Given the multiple issues, have you opened a support case with L2? If so, please DM me the case number.

Yes I already opened a case and this is the number : CS0128144