MDK Kit Deployment Fails

I have installed the MDT Bundle creator from the MDT Bundle dashboard in OSD on a Win10 21H2 desktop already, but it is failing on a similar desktop of the same build - the only difference I can think of is that this other desktop has Windows Software Development Kit installed so that I can use ORCA. Does that interfere somehow?

The action is failing at checking this relevance:

exists (value of keys of keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots" of (if (x64 of operating system) then (x32 registry) else registry)) whose (name of it is "OptionId.DeploymentTools" And it as string is "1")

There are two other values listed in the Validate Endpoint action after this which were also not present in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\10.0.22000.0\Installed Options” (keys of keys of key, right?) There are other OptionId. values here so that seems like the place where this is looking. I created the key it is searching for as a DWORD value (the other OptionId. values are DWORD) and it still evaluates to false. I tried the value as a string and it still is false.

If I use this relevance, it will evaluate to true, so I am confused on what is failing this validation step and why the MDT bundle cannot be installed on this computer (Win10, 21H2)

exists (value of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\10.0.22000.0\Installed Options" of (if (x64 of operating system) then (x32 registry) else registry)) whose (name of it is "OptionId.WindowsSoftwareLogoToolkit" And it as string is "1")

Thanks all!

I’d try installing the MDT components manually on that computer. It’s likely complaining about either some portions of the SDK being installed, or version mismatches between them, and may have some prompts for upgrade that need a manual response

1 Like

Funny enough, deploying the actions one at a time from the “MDT Bundle Creator Setup” from the same OSD site worked just fine. At first I used the button in the “Bundle and Media Manager” dashboard. I think I am good to go now. Thanks!